2.18.2014

Sew Sew Modern 4

I participated for the first time in the Sew Sew Modern Swap on flickr. I really liked the idea of putting together a nice package of goodies for someone else  - especially because who doesn't like getting packages in the mail? When I got assigned my partner, I felt like I hit the jackpot because Shanna is super awesome and I knew immediately what I wanted to make for her. She finally got my package the other day so I can show you guys what I made.

For my large item I made a Supertote with 2 quilted patchwork pockets featuring some of her favorite designers in a deep pink, purple, and mustard yellow color scheme. The lining is a yellow Tula Pink print, and I used Kona burgundy for the piping & interior pockets. I really enjoyed making this bag and made a few alterations to the pattern, including adding some stiffer interfacing so it would be able to hold a lot more stuff, and keep it's shape when standing up.



For the smaller item I created a linen zip pouch that I stuffed full of scraps from the project.


Of course, I couldn't help but add a few other small items to round out my package, including a copy of one of my favorite quilting books by Angela Walters, some fun notecards, and the best chapstick known to mankind. In the end I wished I could have kept the bag (and entire package, really) for myself, but that's a sign of a good swap package, I think.


5 comments:

HalfDozen said...

Wonderful Bag! love the colors and the extras.

Melissa said...

I have it on good authority that your gifts are so very loved!

Tamie said...

What a generous giver you are. It is a beautiful package.

Ella said...

So beautiful....and I think I'd die without that chapstick this winter.

Shanna of Fiber of All Sorts said...

I'm sporting this beauty all around town. You spoiled me.. thank you sooo much!