10.04.2012

Fall Fan Bag


I made the fan bag from Suzuko Koselki's book Pachwork Style. This is the first bag I've ever made...successfully. I am dying to tackle the infamous weekender bag by Amy Butler, so I figured I'd start with something much simpler first. 

I grabbed a stack of beautiful fabrics from the DS Collections that reminded me of fall and got to work. 



Overall, the bag took me half a day to complete - the hardest part of it, in fact, was finding the leather material for the straps! Luckily, the people at my LQS had a few suggestions and helped me find some material. 

I found Suzuko's instructions very easy to follow and the diagrams were key for a visual learner like myself. My favorite part of the bag is the pockets I created with the scraps that fit the things I carry around with me on a daily basis. Now I don't have to go digging around for a red pen (or 3) when I grade papers.


I am excited that I finished this bag and look forward to bringing it with me to Salt Lake next week...now bring on the weekender!


8 comments:

Andrea @ Mouse in My Pocket said...

super cute bag!

Rachel at Stitched in Color said...

Oh, cool! Love the bag. Now we're bag sisters =) and, there's not many that can say the same! I wore mine completely out. Enjoy yours!

Lora said...

Love it!

Teje Karjalainen said...

Beautiful bag! I love the pattern and the fabrics! x Teje

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh I could use that lovely bag.

Lynette said...

It looks terific. My poor purse is disintegrating - I need to make myself a bag!

Sarcastic Quilter said...

Great job!

Richard Healey said...

Cute bag thanks for linking up.

http://richardquilts.blogspot.com/
http://www.etsy.com/shop/RichardQuilts