Wow do I feel special, my lovely friend Elle gave me this awesome blog award...and to say that I've been slacking on the blogging front would be a severe understatement. So thank you Elle! Go visit her fun blog and leave her some congrats because she's getting hitched in a few days. =)
In fun Liebster Fashion, I'm supposed to pass on the award to 5 of my favorite blogs with under 200 readers/followers. You know me -- I don't always follow the rules (so sue me if one or two have more than 200 followers...) but here are my top 5 (in no particular order of course.)
1. Melissa of Sew BitterSweet Design. I first "met" Melissa when we both joined the Sew Bee Blissful Quilting Bee on flickr. She is awesome and one of my favorite quilting people. (Yes I used the word awesome again. Deal with it.) Her blog is full of quilty inspiration and pattern goodness. In fact, she is even the process of writing a few patterns of her own (I hope that isn't a secret...)
2. Teje of Nero's Post and Patch. She participated in my Stockings for Kids drive and I love her blog -- not only does she talk about quilting (hello, love) but also traveling (she just went to Finland!!) and her dog (who doesn't like dogs?!)
3. Marta of From Marta With Love. Marta is a very giving person -- she participates in a variety of charity sewing projects including the Quilting for Cancer Bee I'm a part of - and her blog is gorgeous. I love her photography, the fabrics she uses in her quilts, and of course reading about her sewing adventures. Her blog is a daily dose of creative inspiration!
4. Deb of Pieces to Love. Deb's blog has a lot of quilting inspiration but she also shares recipes (quite good ones if you ask me!) and even her non-quilting sewing projects. I love her quilting style and she too participated in my Stockings for Kids drive.
5. Lily of A Literate Life. Okay so her blog has nothing to do with quilts. But it has lots to do with books. And I love books. She is also my sister so it goes without saying that I love her too. (I didn't pick her just because she was my sister...I really do enjoy reading her blog)
Do me a favor and check out these awesome blogs -- and do you have a favorite blog that you read? Share in the comments so we can all add some new blogs to our google reader.